Event Details for 2017
Friday, August 25th – Brewer’s Dinner at Rockbridge Brewing Company
Saturday, August 26th
- Morning: SECBeer Mile, SEC5k, Sampling & Educational Conference,
- Afternoon: Beer Fest
- Followed by: Evening events held in The District (downtown Columbia) and after-parties. Specifics to come
Recap of 2016 Beer Fest
Last year’s SEC beer fest was held in Columbia, MO on October 15th. Columbia, located in the heart of Missouri, is home to 5 craft breweries, over 140 bars, and 320+ restaurants. Housing multiple colleges and the University of Missouri, Columbia offers a diverse population and an active, avid craft beer community.
Attendees enjoyed unlimited tastings of over 300 craft beers, from several breweries that do not distribute in the state of Missouri, live entertainment, delicious foods from local food trucks, and were able to visit with vendors that have embraced the craft beer culture.
We look forward to building on the very successful history of this beer fest and would love to invite you to our next fest and related events scheduled the weekend of August 26th. We aim to again make this year’s beer fest a fun time for all breweries and attendees, with the addition of a 5k to the Beer Mile, as well as a mini conference in which there will be guest speakers to help educate the consumers on craft beer, which is a fun new twist to a beer festival and we would love to see your brewery in on a good time.
2017’s Fest – What is new?
This year we are adding in a Sampling and Educational mini-conference earlier in the day, same day as the fest. Different courses will be held to help consumers gain deeper knowledge about the styles of beer, how to identify tastes, how to properly review or write about beer, and how to simply appreciate beer. All breweries in attendance are welcome to attend, or if that is not something you’d like, we’ll be having a 5k and a Beer Mile going on that morning as well.
This year’s fest is also at a new location, moving to a larger outdoor space:
Hear a great discussion on the fest here: The Tom Bradley Show
Participating Brewery Will Receive:
- Steep discounts at associated hotels (over 50% off!)*
- FREE Brewers Dinner Friday August 25th
- 10′ x 10′ Booth space
- Tent coverage if needed (Must be requested in advance)
- One Banquet Table and two chairs
- FREE Admission and tasting glass for Brewer and staff (up to 4)
- FREE Meal voucher during the fest for Brewer and staff (up to 4)
- “Brewers Only” portable restrooms
- Discounted (50% off) Fest tickets for your friends and family
- Marketing, promotion, and branding of your brewery and beer at the Festival, on our website, social media, radio ads to feature participating Brewers and inclusion on various E-blast to our subscribers
- Brand visibility to all guests
- Brand visibility in print and radio advertisements by the fest
- Volunteers to pour if needed. (Must be arranged with event organizer in advance)
- Knowledge legal and event planning staff to facilitate your travel and the transportation of all product.
All beer will be able to be shipped and accepted in full compliance and full legality at the festival location. All logistics compliance matters will be handled by the festival unless the brewery chooses otherwise.
*Hotels have the potential of being free or more discounted as sponsorship increases!